Saturday, November 10, 2012

Have Yourself A Very Grungy Christmas Class 11/29

Good morning!

I wanted to share my latest project for The Mad Scrapper: A Christmas display with a Tim Holtz sort of touch!


I love Tim ... who doesn't? And I also love Christmas, so I wanted to make a fun little Christmas display that my students could put together in time for December 1st! The display works as a candy cane holder, Christmas countdown, ATC's, or even a place to show off your tags from Tim's 12 Tags of Christmas


We will use a handful of Tim's dies, including his fun tattered pinecone die. (Thank you, Lauren for letting me borrow your die!)


If you have Stickles, make sure you bring your Candy Cane color ... or, just make sure you have some at home! I used it for the ornaments along with Rudolph's nose. :)


It's amazing what you can do with regular chipboard and some of Tim's dies, Idea-ology trinkets, and other products! This is truly a project for Tim and all my students who love him, too! One day, I would love to meet the king of grunge. I think that - and a Jack Russell Terrier puppy - would be the ultimate Christmas present!


Thank you ladies and gents for looking! Oh, I wanted to add, I will have a little treat for every student who comes to class or orders a kit! :) Happy Beginning Of The Holidays ... we now return to your normal Thanksgiving programming!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Class info: 

Date: Thursday, November 29th, 2012
Time: 6:00 - 8:00 
Location: The Mad Scrapper, 1590 NW Gilman Blvd., Issaquah, WA, 98045 U.S.A.
Phone: 425-427-8871

Please bring: Scissors for fussy cutting, foam dots, adhesive (I am a staunch supporter of Beacon's 3-in-1 glue), Walnut Stain distress ink (Vintage Photo or Gathered Twig will also work), ink blending tool, paper distresser, ruler, paper piercer, and craft mat. Optional supplies to bring: Glossy accents, clear rock candy distress paint, snow cap acrylic paint, brown alcohol ink, ink blending tool for alcohol inks, red Stickles such as Candy Cane, distress stains in the following colors: Forest Moss, Vintage Photo, Barn Door, Weathered Wood. 

7 comments:

Marisa Job said...

What a beautiful project!! I wish I lived closer, I would take this class. Have a great weekend!

Sandra said...

ohh Maria! What a wonderful project! I do wish I lived nearby too! I would love to do this workshop! Thank you for all your lovely comments! Loved reading them! Hugs, Sandra

Janna said...

Awesome project!!! Love it!!

Lanna said...

Not fair. I wat your blog and see so many things I would like to make. Why dont u sell kits and have classes on UStream?

Paula Calvanico said...

This came just fantastic! Great work :)

Paula

Sandy said...

Absolutely wonderful - a Christmas Fairyland of Tim Hotz good stuff. I cannot come to class - it's a little far for me to travel but can I buy a kit?
sandy

Maria said...

Thank you ladies for your kind words!! I appreciate your support so, so much!!

Lanna, that's a great idea - I may start doing my own kits, stay tuned!!

Sandy, you're sweet - if you'd like to order a kit, you can call The Mad Scrapper at 425-427-8871. Let me know if you end up getting a kit - there's something I'd love to include just for you!!