Monday, August 13, 2012

Prima Mixed Media Canvas Album Class 8/30 & Job Posting

Happy Monday, everyone!

Wherever you are, I hope you are having beautiful weather! Here in the lovely Pacific Northwest, we are finally enjoying some gorgeous summer weather ... warm (okay, hot) temperatures, clear skies, and neighborhood festivals ... it is all so lovely! I wish summer was year-round, but then, I'd have to switch places with one of you. Anyone want to do an exchange program?? :)

Well, the sunny weather is part of the inspiration behind my upcoming class for The Mad Scrapper. That, and I have been pining for a Prima class ... I just love their flowers, paper lines, and embellies! With that said, here are some photos for the project I'll be teaching on Thursday, August 30th. In my class, everyone gets one of Prima's fabulous canvas resist mixed media albums ... we'll ink and mist it up, then add some of Prima's lovely paper and embellishments from their colorful new Zephyr line.








I was pleasantly surprised at the size of these canvas album covers ... they're 7 3/4" wide x 9 3/4" tall, so they are pretty spacious. :)

**Class Details**

Date: Thursday, August 30th from 6:00 - 8:00
Where: The Mad Scrapper, Issaquah, WA
Cost: Approximately $45 right now
To sign up/order a kit: 425-427-8871

What to bring: Paper trimmer, ruler, detail scissors for fussy cutting, adhesive, ink pads (turquoise, lime green, orange, black), Glimmer Mist or Smooch Spritz if you have any (blues and greens), pop dots.

If you can, I would bring a heat tool and a craft mat so you don't have to share those. :)

**Calling all crafty Washington ladies looking for work!**

The Mad Scrapper is hiring! If you love scrapbooking and/or papercrafting in general, and you happen to live in the greater Seattle area, please call The Mad Scrapper at 425-427-8871 to inquire about their current openings. The ladies are looking for people to teach as well as to ring up lovely customer's transactions. There are definite benefits to working at The Mad Scrapper - so if you're looking for work, it's a crafty lady's dream job!

9 comments:

Sandra said...

WOW! what a stunning album! you're so good at making them! I'll keep repeating it, that I wish I lived in the neighborhood so I could join your classes! And how cool that the mad scrapper is hiring! About that exchange programm, sign me up! That means you'll be visiting The Netherlands! Deal?! Hugs, Sandra

LISA said...

Hi Maria!! Speaking of being so stinkin talented!! There you go creating another beautiful project!! We live on the opposite ends of the country, so it would be a little hard for me to attend class. But if I did live on the other side, you would be sure that I would attend!! I LOVE the Zephyr line. I attended CHA this year and fell in love with everything Prima, but seeing this line made me want it even more!! Love love the colors!! Looks like a breath of summer!! I would be happy to do an exchange program with you. Summers here in Florida are brutal!! My daughter lived in Vancouver,Wa for a year last year while attending school in Portland. I never got the chance to go see her before she moved back. I am sorry that I didn't. I thought she would stay the 2 years in school there. Alas, she missed the Florida sun and transferred to school Florida. Well, I enjoy visiting your blog and seeing all of your beautiful creations. Keep creating!!
Hugs,
Lisa

Dangina Martinez said...

Fabulous! Very creative.
Tons of Hugs, Dangina

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Wow, this is so gorgeous!! Love the fab bold colors and design!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Marisa Job said...

Wow! What a gorgeous project Maria!!! I would love to take this class, I wish we were closer. Hugs!!

Janna said...

Awesome book!! Love, love it!! :)

Momtalk said...

Hi Maria...

I really like this new project...wouldn't mind making one myself if I had the time...

Love
Mom

Anna Norman said...

I am so proud of you. YOu are so amazing at this and I love that you are able to teach and bless others with not only your talent but your unbelievably kind heart. YOu are a delight and I know that God uses you to bless sooooo many people: us included.
Love, Anna and Ruth

Janna said...

Love the colors and textures of this book, and you did a beautiful job!! :)