Wednesday, February 22, 2012

February Girlie Grunge challenge

Hi there! Another project to share this week. The February Girlie Grunge challenge is all about red, pink, pearls, and hearts. I was so excited when I received my January challenge prize a couple weeks ago, as it contains plenty of pink and much-needed Donna Salazar supplies!

Thank you so much, Donna and Natasha!!
Up until now, I did not own any of Donna Salazar's paper collections. I've also been dying to try out her Mix'd Media inks ... so boy did I feel blessed (and as if someone was channeling my inner thoughts) when I saw that my prize included an 8x8 set of Antiquities paper and one of Donna's new Mix'd Media Inx colors, Peaches!


For the February challenge, I decided to make a grungy mini book using cardboard, Donna's Antiquities paper, Mix'd Media ink, puzzle pieces, and her lovely Rose Creations die. 


I give all the credit for my lovely medium-sized rose to Natasha! She has lots of lovely rose tutorials, including the one that I used for my mini book


Here is what the inside pages look like:



And the back:


What I love about this mini book is how chunky it is! 



Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

OMG, this is fabulous! I am speechless, Maria .. and that's sayin' something! Love, love, love this!!!

PS: You're welcome ... and well-deserved!

So Truly Lovely said...

You are so incredibly creative...so amazing!!! I just wanted to say thank you also for the encouragement-your prayers are definitely appreciated as motherhood is definitely the hardest thing I have ever encountered. I had no idea how hard mothers worked! Love you girl.

Sandra said...

Oh my gosh, love this mini album!! It's so gorgeous, love the romantic grunge look!

Maria said...

Deb, thank you so much, what a compliment!! Miss Anna, I will never stop praying for you and believing in you - you are AMAZING and I wish I could be there right now to give you a big hug!! Hi Miss Sannie, thank you, you are so sweet, I hope you're having fun with your crafting this week!!